Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My first finished projects











Okay I finally finished some things. A blanket for my 2 month old nephew, and I spy bags for my girls, hubby's cousins boys, and my nephew. I wanted them to be a little different so I took a clip art picture and enlarged it to full paper size and used that for my pattern. I also embroidered each child's name on the cotton fabric inside the bag. Now these are my very first ones and sewing on vinyl is not easy, so be nice. There is clockwise from top left a tractor, a dragon, an unicorn, an airplane, a car, and a monkey.
All of this cost me nothing. I probably won't be this lucky going forward, but I had everything around the house for these. For anyone making the I spy bags I recommend putting paper or tissue paper over the vinyl to sew on makes it go so much smoother (remembered that trick after the third one.)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I love how you made the I spy bags into shapes-great job!

Kristina said...

Hey Autumn!
What exactly are I spy bags? They look really cute though, but please, more details!
~k

Grandmommy said...

Too cute.